Hiring Manpower from Pakistan for Oman - Work Visa/Work Permit Requirements
If you want to get the Oman work permit, then you’ll need to contact us or any of the overseas Employment provider to inquire if we have any requirements for Oman. It’s the responsibility of the employer who posts the job with us to arrange for all the required paper work.
The first thing the employer requires is the Labor License from the Ministry of Manpower.
The company has to meet the following requirements to procure the Labor License:
- The company must be compliant with the Omani rules and regulations.
- The company has not reached their maximum quota for foreign workers.
- The minimum age for a foreign worker is 21 years.
- The Ministry of Manpower’s labour permit and copy thereof for every application.
- A description of all positions that will be filed by Omani nationals.
- List of the expatriate employees, with their positions and genders.
- Attested copies of relevant certificates of qualification for employees
The information regarding the required documents are available in electronic format at “Royal Oman Police” website. The documents then have to be signed by the employer or an authorized signatory. The application shall be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals, and in English for non-Arabs, and shall enclose the following documents:
Documents Required from the Employee
- Two photographs ( 6X4 ) cm.
- Copy of the your passport, valid for not less than 6 months.
- Attested copies of relevant certificates of qualification.
- Attestation of transcripts from educational institutions
- Attestation by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the employee’s home country.
- Attestation by the Oman Embassy in the employee’s home country
- The original and copy of the medical certificate from GAMCA.
- Copy of approval of the relevant organization for certain occupations: teaching, religious, media, and medical occupations etc.
- Letter from the Ministry of Manpower for certain occupations, like engineers.
- Where the foreigner worked in Oman and has not yet completed two years of their last departure, a release letter from the previous employer and approved by the Directorate General of Passports and Residence is required.
Issuance of residence card
Once the employment visa is cleared for the employee, the expatriate must obtain a residence card to legally reside in Oman for the duration of employment. This is done when the foreign employee reaches Oman.
The employee, upon arrival, must travel to the Civil Status Department of the Royal Oman Police to obtain the residence card within 30 days of entry. The employee will undergo a blood test at a medical center and guided for fingerprinting. Once the data has been collected, the Directorate General of Civil Status will issue the resident card to the employee, which is valid for two years.
Obtaining a No Objection Certificate
For any circumstance that requires the employee to change jobs, terminate the employment contract prematurely or to have the contract expire, they will be required to leave the country for at least two years unless they obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC), which is a document that states that both the sponsoring employer and the government of Oman have no issues with the employee working in the country.
You may also be interested in the following pages regarding Oman’s foreign labor hiring process:
The Leading Recruitment Agency for Oman in Pakistan
Oman Work Visa Procedure and Fees
You may view this video for more information: